Do you have anything to contribute to this page? If so, click the Add Material button here or when it appears in the top menu of any page.
Latest updates to the site as of June 27, 2016 (US time)
Click on a collage above to view.
Visit the Nudnik Page to see the restored 1954 video: Nudnik the Shmendrik Camper.
The web site devoted to the people who established and grew Betar Australia: 1948 - 1965.
16-01 A 1955 Betar publication revived:
Evie Katz was searching through her drawers (no pun intended) and found an old Betar advertising news sheet. Aaron Ninedek then scanned it and emailed it to us where we patched the half pages together.
See the paper here.
* Have we changed? Six images over 48 years. See article #16-06.
* More nostalgia loaded - see article #16-05.
* Harry & Elaine's quindecennial+1 tour of Australia - see article #16-04.
* Adam Graycar awarded the AM - see article 16-03..
* Peter Revelman's Recollection - ah - those were the days.
* Douglas Joshua elevated to AO in the Australia Day Honours list.See article #16-02.
* Harold Holt welcomes Amelia and Sophie Offman - in 1950.
* Three more from 1958 - Keith Masnik posts some oldies (#35-#37) here.
* 1949 postcard from Yosef. Is the Australian Post Office really so slow?
* Evie and Aaron process a1955 Betar advertising news sheet - see article #16-01.
16-02 Douglas Joshua becomes an Officer of the Order of Australia
Eleven years after being awarded the Member of the Order (AM), Douglas receives an AO. See the article from the Australian Jewish News here. (Thanks to Sid Agranoff for forwarding.)
16-03 Adam Grajcar awarded an AM:
As per the 2016 Queen's Birthday Honours List, Professor Adam Graycar of Malvern, SA was awarded the Member (AM) in the General Division of the Order of Australia: "For significant service to tertiary education as an academic, to public administration through a range of leadership roles, and to professional groups." Congratulations, Adam. See the AJN article here. (Thanks to Aaron Ninedek for forwarding.)
16-04 Harry & Elaine Stuart visit the troops in Melbourne, Darwin, Cairns and Sydney
"Photos from our quindecennial (look it up) + 1 visit to Oz can be seen here. Many thanks to those who sponsored or organized get-togethers and thanks to all for the joy we had in seeing everyone again after such a long time. Mixed with the joy was the sadness of missing those who had passed on." - Harry
16-05 Nostalgia reigns - thanks to John Goldlust, we have loaded some more articles, anniversary programs and clippings from the 1960s.
* Betar Anniversary - programs from 1964 to 2003 here
* Kenes Kompanions: 1960 (image #48);
1961 (image #26);
1962 (image #57);
1964 (image #24).
* Newspaper clippings from 1963 (photos #28-#38)
1964 (photos #21 & #22)
1967 (photo #51)
* Altalena - highlighting Jabotinsky's return to Israel, 1964 (image #23)
* The words to 'Rinse the Cordial off my Kafia' here.
16-06 "Have we changed?"
Henry Burstyner and Harry Stuart had photos taken whenever they met - over the past 48 years. Why? Because, after the first two, they didn't want to break the series - and because they have an enduring Betar-originated friendship. See a larger view here.